Khopra Danda Trek Overview
Also, know as Khopra Ridge, the trekking route to Khopra has been recently developed. The place is quite rich in its unspoiled lush natural beauty that trekkers will definitely have a good time.
The grandiose views of Dhaulagiri (8167 m), Hiunchuli (6434m), Fishtail (6997m), Annapurna ranges, Lamjung Himal, Nilgiri, in the backdrop and hiking up and down alongside the thick rhododendron forest, oak and pine trees, terraced farming fields makes our trekking trip very pleasant.
The ridge also has an abundance of Himalayan wildlife, including the rare Himalayan Tahr. Overall, the Khopra trek is an awe-inspiring perfect outlook of the Annapurna Region.
Hikers usually couple this trip with a hike to Khayar Lake which happens to be another good option if you have some extra days to explore the region.
- Picturesque view on the flight
- Panoramic view of Annapurna mount massif (I, II, III, and South), Dhaulagiri, Fishtail, Himchuli, and Nilgiris, etc.
- Explore the beautiful city Pokhara
- Delightful forest of rhododendrons, oaks, and pines.
- Off-pitch adventuring trails
- Experience unique cultural and traditional villages of Gurung and Magar tribes
- Magical sunrise and sunset views from PoonHill, Khopra Ridge
- Get relaxed on hot springs at Jhinu Danda.
- 360-degree scenery from Khopra Danda/Ridge.
- Walking in the narrow and stone-paved trail, ancient Monastery, old tradition Gurung Museum, waterfalls,
- Beautiful rhododendron forest and even more beautiful natural beauty in spring.
You start your journey at Nayapul – a few hours' drive from Pokhara. From here, you start making your way to the biggest Gurung village, Ghandruk via dirt roads, suspension bridges, settlements of communities of Brahmins and Chettris and cross a lot of rivers.
On your way from Ghandruk to Tadapani, your cross the woods of rhododendron and oak filled with the cacophony of waterfalls and chirping birds.
Next, you continue your adventure to Khopra ridge followed by Chistibung and Bayli Kharka. Here, you can observe the intensive farming in the highlands.
Next, you will have an option to either trek through Ghorepani or Jomson, but the decision must be given prior to the trek.