The Holy Khayer Lake is a sacred lake located at an altitude of 4500m in the heart of the Annapurna region of western Nepal. Legend has it that praying and offering the lake gives women fertility. Hence, making it popular with Hindu and Buddhist followers.
Our trek on khayer lake trek takes us to the wild and remote Kopra Ridge, one of the most spectacular viewpoints in the Himalayas.
Starting point of the hike is from Lumle, then follow the famous Annapurna base camp trail and next after Tadapani, we leave this popular trekking trail to venture into the unexplored parts of the Annapurna region. We begin the gradual ascent in the alpine terrain to Bayeli and finally descend to Khopra.
We can enjoy majestic views of the mountains, including those of Nilgiris, Annapurna I, Fang and Annapurna South. The eighth highest mountain, Dhaulagiri, is seen across the Kali Gandaki gorge, dominating the western horizon.
Our return route descends through open alpine pastures, oak and rhododendron forests to Swanta.
Often regarded as an off the beaten path, (less traveled), you can explore the fascinating natural beauty, walk through dense isolated forests of rhododendron, oak and pine, Gurung and Magar settlements, and encounter the rich flora and fauna of the region.
The Khayer Lake hike with Khopra Danda is categorized as moderate difficulty as you need to hike 7-8 hours every day. The perfect month for this adventure would be March, April and May, where you will hike in the trials covered by the beautiful rhododendron forest. Likewise, after the monsoon, fall would also be a better option (September to November).
- Witness the amazing sunrise over Annapurna and Dhaulagiri peaks
- Walk through the unique trekking trails
- Hike towards to the sacred lake at the foot of the Annapurna South
- Amazing close of panoramic view of Annapurna massif
- Beautiful view point PoonHill
- Experience the lifestyle of local people (Magar, Gurung) and know about their cultural and traditions
- Walk through the lush green forest filled with different kind of flowers and plants and small cascades
- Experience the meeting with Himalayan birds and animals