Khopra Danda & Jomsom Muktinath Trek Overview
Khopra Danda & Jomsom Muktinath Trek is a combination of two fantastic locations with lush natural beauty untainted.
The highest point you reach on this trip is 3710 m. The trek provides you with a blend of cultures, and traditions of the people as well as view of different terrain landscapes.
- Visit Pokhara: lakes, mountain views, caves, waterfalls and more
- Scenic flight/drive
- Khayar lake, a sparkling glacial lake in the Annapurna Region
- Alpine Wildlife and vegetation
- Desert-like unique landscape of Jomsom
- Visit Muktinath, the only temple at such a height in Nepal
- Spiritual eternal flame fueled by natural gas in Muktinath
- Learn more about the culture and religious practices of Hindus and Buddhists
- Amazing mountain views
- Nature at its finest
- Physically, spiritually, and religiously fulfilling
- You can explore all this and discover more trails not mentioned here during this awe-striking trek.
You start your journey at Nayapul which is just a few hours’ drive from Pokhara. From here, you start making your way to the biggest Gurung village, Ghandruk via dirt roads, suspension bridges, settlements of Brahmins and Chettris and cross a lot of rivers.
Picturesque mountains views of Hiunchuli, Lamjung Himal, Annapurna, and Fishtail are on the backdrop on your hiking route. On your way from Ghandruk to Tadapani, your eyes and ears can feast in the jungles of rhododendron and oak, filled with the cacophony of waterfalls and birds.
Next, you continue your adventure to Khopra ridge followed by Chistibung and Bayli Kharka. After Khopra, you have an option to either trek through Ghorepani or from Jomson, but the decision must be given before the start of the trek.
In this particular trek package, we will be moving towards Jomsom and Muktinath after reaching Tatopani (the hot spring). This is a short, rarely visited and unique trek route where you can have ample opportunities to view the varied landscape and different vegetation.
Jomsom is a renowned tourist destination in the trans-Himalayan region of the region. It lies in the rain-shadow area resulting in its famous desert-like landscape and vegetation. Thus, the overall landscape is quite unique perfectly complemented by the scenic mountain views.
The people there are simple farmers, traders, shepherds, or small hotel owners mainly of Tibetan origin. The main highlight is the Muktinath temple due to its high altitude location and religious significance.
All this combined gives you an experience that cannot be described in words. It is something every traveler would long for. The breathtaking sceneries and the adventure will make you feel alive in a way that you have never experienced before.