Nepal has lots of places which are mystic and hidden and Dolpo is one of them. Dolpo is derived from the Tibetan word “Ba Yul” which means a mystic land with beautiful scenery. Dolpo lays North of Dhaulagiri and South of the Tibetan border. The unique culture, Bonpo religion, and lifestyle in addition to the magnificent landscape and Mountain View are the major attractions in Dolpo. This land is also famous for many types of medicinal plants among which Yarchagumba (Coerdiopsis Sinensis) is very famous. This herb from the wild mushroom family is believed to increase the efficiency and strength of the human body. Mystic Dolpo Trek is comparatively new than other trekking regions because it was forbidden for foreigners till the year 1991. Even now it is a controlled area where you need special permits and high entry fees to enter this mystic land, Dolpo. The trekking area stretches along the Thulo Bheri River. This 24 days trek takes you inside the Shey-Phoksundo National Park. The pristine nature and well-preserved nature of this area make it suitable for different flora and fauna including the blue sheep and the elusive snow leopard. During the trek, you can see the magnificent view of the Dhaulagiri, Kanjirowa and other Himalayan peaks.
Dolpo is a mystic land as it is a less explored part of Nepal. This region is famous for the high-valued Yarchagumba (a herb). Additionally, other medicinal herbs are also found in this region. Dolpo island for Snow leopard and Himalayan Caravan. There is still a “silk route” also, known as “salt route”, as traditionally people used to bring down the Himalayan salt and trade it with other goods. There is also a practice of polyandry system in this region. Jumla has a similar landscape, culture, tradition as of Dolpo. The people in both of this region follows Tibetian culture. In this combined trekking program, you will get to see a completely different and unique lifestyle of people in remote areas of Nepal. This will be a completely new experience for you.
Why Mystic Dolpo trek via Jumla GHT route?
- An unexplored trekking destination in the far west
- Unspoiled trans-Himalayan culture, Buddhist monuments, unique human civilization at high altitude
- Rainshadow landscapes with eye-catching mountain views and wild flora and fauna
- Shey-Phoksundo National Park
- Well-preserved eco-system of plants and wildlife
- Phoksumdo Gompa-dedicated to the ancient Bonpo religion
- Shooting place of Caravan, the famous film nominated for Oscar Award directed by Eric Valli
- The homeland of the Spotted Leopard, Blue Sheep, wolves
- Best one who wants to face the full challenge of the Himalayan wilderness.