Langtang Valley Trek offers stunning landscape views of two major Himalayan series - Langtang, and Ganesh Himal along with diverse flora and fauna & miscellaneous culture of diverse indigenous groups.
Also referred to as the valley of glaciers, Langtang Valley lies to the north of Kathmandu and south of the Tibetan border surrounded by beautiful peaks of great appeal. Langtang Lirung (7,246 m) lies to the north, Gang Chhenpo (6,388 m) & Naya Kanga Ri (5,846 m) lies to the south, and Dorjee Lakpa (6,966 m) at the east.
Tall mountains, unique culture, and Langtang river on the trek route are few noticeable attractions of Langtang Valley. The maximum altitude you gain on this trip is 3,900 meters. Shisapangma or Gosaithan at an altitude of 8,027 m is the highest peak in this region across the border of Nepal & Tibet.
The course in Langtang valley trek and the famous site - Gosaikunda Lake is full of bio-diversity. Nevertheless, this has been one of the factors that allure travelers to reach this mother nature's most gifted destination.
We suggest you visit the Langtang valley post-monsoon as you encounter the entire valley filled with beautiful flowers and green vegetation. These wide varieties of blooming flowers make the views of the entire valley really eye-catching.
Hence, the region is also known as the treasure house of alpine plants. Apart from that, Langtang's trekking trails are covered mostly with the rhododendron and pine forest. If you visit during spring - you are likely to view many varieties of colorful blooming rhododendrons flowers.
The Langtang Region also stands out as very popular in the country, especially due to the hospitality by the residents shown here. This isolated region is mostly inhabited by Tamang locals whose religious practices, language, and dress are much similar to that of the Tibetan people.
Highlights of Langtang Valley Trek
- 15 Nights and 16 Days itinerary includes sightseeing of World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu
- Trekking experience in the Valley of Glaciers aka Langtang Valley
- Deep gorges & rivers as well as terraced meadows
- Walk through the lush green forest filled with Rhododendron and other wildflowers
- Observe different species of birds.
- Terrific views of a snowy peak like Dorje Larpa, Langtang Ri & Langtang Lirung
- Visit different monasteries & cheese factory.
- Culture and traditions of Tamang’s & Tibetan lifestyle.
- Fantastic ice faces and tumbling glaciers
- Unique and interesting trekking route