Nyalu La Pass (4949m)
Flight & drive
Mar-May & Sep-Nov
Humla is a district that lies on the upper western front of Nepal. Far from modernization, this district lacks economic resources but reflects a true enigma of spiritual and natural beauty. Very few permits are issued for this beautiful Limi valley of Humla district as a way to conserve the ecosystem and the peaceful environment.
The people of this region practice old traditions and a lifestyle highly influenced by Buddhism. Agriculture & animal husbandary are the primary occupations of the people and the valley also has some trade route to Tibet. Our trekking trails pass through lush vegetations of natural herbs, yak pastures, and cultivated land crossing through many ethnic villages.
During this Humla Limi Valley Trek you can see views of Saipal, Byas, Rishi, Api, Kanjirowa, Kanti mountains in Nepal and some views of Mount Kailash across the border in Tibet. Some of the rare wildlife like snow leopards and blue sheep are known to be found in the area. Other wildlife like wolves, wild yaks, and Himalayan black bears could be been here and there.
Why Choose Humla Limi Valley Trek ?
- Unique lifestyle and culture
- Exploring through wildlife and adventurous trail
- Monastery, Chorten, Mane Walls, etc.
- Rarely visited destination
- Flaura and Fauna like Blue Sheep, Snow leopard, blue sheep, jackals, hyenas, musk deer, yaks, wild horse, rhododendron, etc.
- Following the ancient salt trading route
- Scenic view of mountains like Mt. Saipal, Mt. Api, Mt. Kanjirowa, Annapurna, etc.