4620 m (Nara La)
Min 2, Max 12
Private Comfortable Drive, Domestic flight Ktm-Nepalgunj-Jumla and Simikot-Nepalgunj-Ktm
Spring - Autumn
The Great Himalayan Trail – Rara lake to Humla Simikot Trek is one of the most stunning and pristine trek ever existing in Nepal owing to its mind refreshing landscapes and views.
As a part of this journey, you are taken to the Rara lake (2990 meters) – the biggest lake in Nepal – with magnificent panoramas, green luxuriant forests, foothills, green hills & much more. This trek is located in the remote western region of Nepal and is yet to be explored by many tourists.
Hence, if you are looking forward to the vacation amidst the untouched beauty of Rara and Huma, this GHT trek is felicitous for you.
The highest elevation you will come across is Nara La located at the altitude of 4620 meters. As you cover the rugged terrains, you will be rewarded with sights of the many vegetations and faunas. Beside that, you can also witness the unique lifestyle of local people of the region.
As part of Rara National Park, Rara Lake and its alpine ecosystem is protected and maintained thoroughly. This trek is also known as “Great Himalayan Trail Humla Transverse” takes you across the meadows, jungles and hills of Jumla, Rara Lake and to Simikot.
The Great Himalayan trail is surely one of the greatest long-distance trekking trails in the world. Rara Lake to Humla Simikot Trek is one of the portions of this trail with high Tibetan Buddhist influence. You will enjoy the views of mountain ranges and diverse landscapes during this trek.
Simikot is the capital / headquarter of Humla at the height of 2900 meters, from where you will witness stunning views of Humla and the peripheral region.
Highlights of Great Himalayan Trail Humla Transverse
- Magnificent views from Ghurchi Langa Pass (3447 meters).
- The splendor of Rara Lake (2990 meters) and its rich surrounding
- Enjoy the spectacular views from Nara La (4620 meters) incorporating Tibetan plateau, prayer flags,
- Experience one of the most pristine and less trekked regions of Nepal full of natural offerings.
- Observe rare animals like musk deer, snow leopard, blue sheep plus numerous flora and fauna.
- Get to explore Rara National Park.