Langma La Pass (5320m)
Min 2, Max 12
Sept - Dec & Feb - May
Trek to the Everest Kangshung Face considered the best way to get nearest to the majestic summit. It’s no secret that the greatest summit to have under your belt is the Everest. However, for those non-seasoned climbers, we encounter a variety of terrain and flora that will keep us captivated all through our trek. We will also be able to experience the firsthand culture of the Sherpas, the indigenous folk. Trekking through alpine forests, across glacial lakes and lush farmlands, we make our way to the hidden face of Mount Everest, christened Kanshung. Contrary to popular trekking routes, we begin our trek from Lhasa (3700m).
We will also visit a veritable range of remote villages rife with culture and color. The journey Everest Kangshung Face Trek is designed to help hikers acclimatize gradually to the elevation gain and follow the winding, safe ridges and trails in a bid to garner some of the most fantastic views that the region has to offer.
Major Highlights of Tibetan Khangshung Face of Everest
- One of the most dramatic, beautiful but least explored regions in the world.
- Explore Landmarks cities like Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, Rongbuk, and Zhangmu.
- Visit the vibrant city of Kathmandu.
- Panoramic and lifetime memorable view of Everest.
- Traditional and unique Tibetan villages, cultures and hospitality
- The dramatic panoramic view comprises distant Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Chomo Lonzo and Everest itself.
Although the trek isn’t too long, it is still rated at a higher grade due to the high passes and campsites we encounter. The highest point we reach is the Langma La Pass and the trek on mountain scree to reach Pethang Ringmo is one of the most adventurous parts of our trek. We encounter the villages of Shigatse, Shegar and the scenic Pang La Pass, along the way and experience firsthand the culture and heritage of the local population. The trek is suggested for avid hikers and seasoned climbers.