Machermo Peak (6,273m)
More than 2 pax
Private vehicle & flight
Sept - Dec & Mar - May
Machermo Peak Climbing is one of the interesting trekking peaks in the Mahalangur region. It is a fascinating route from the day it opened. It is located at an altitude of 6273 meters above sea level in the Khumbu region. This is a very unique trail, even being a non-technical one. It is just fairly hard to climb this peak. So, anyone with experience of climbing can easily conquer this peak.
The trail to the base camp is the same until we reach Namche Bazaar (the gateway to Everest). And onwards to Machermo base camp whereas the trail to the Everest base camp heads east from Namche. We walk past Yak pastures, Gokyo Lake, and cross the Renjo La Pass to reach the base of Machermo. After some acclimatization and preparation, we head toward the high camp. We continue our trek from the High Camp and the next day, towards the summit. The base camp is set up above the rocky meadows and moraine around 5140 meters. The subsequent climb ascends the rock and snow slopes to reach the top. The summit offers an excellent view of Amadablam, Lhotse Shar, Nuptse, Lhotse, and Everest. During this trek, we can observe the lifestyle of the Sherpas, who have resided here for a long time.
Why Machermo Peak Climbing
- The magnificent Himalayas offers awesome views of – Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Cho Oyu, Kangtega, Kusum Kangaru, Tawache, Cholatse & Island
- The Whole 360 degrees Views
- Khumbu region – Chaotic Georges, picturesque village, Landscape and scenario
- Sherpa land and their lifestyle, culture tradition & hospitality
- Typical villages with Buddhist monasteries and experience
- A Fabulous journey combined with the world’s most popular trekking & climbing
In conclusion, the Machermo Expedition can be completed within three weeks of time duration. But if you want more time for rest and acclimatization we can revise the program for the expedition. Being a less crowded trekking trail it is yet a popular peak climbing. Enjoy your trip!!