Machermo Peak Climbing is one of the increasingly popular trekking peaks in the Mahalangur region.
Located at an altitude of 6,273 meters in the Khumbu region, Machermo Peak climbing is a non-technical climbing peak and has a trip grade of between hard to difficult. So, anyone with little experience of climbing can easily reach the top of the summit.
The trail to the base camp is the same until we reach Namche Bazaar (the gateway to Everest). And onwards to Machermo base camp whereas the trail to the Everest base camp heads east from Namche.
We walk past Yak pastures, Gokyo Lake, and cross the Renjo La Pass to reach the base of Mount Machermo. After some acclimatization and preparation, we head toward the high camp.
We continue our trek from the High Camp and the next day, towards the summit. The base camp is set up above the rocky meadows and moraine around 5140 meters.
The subsequent climb ascends the rock and snow slopes to reach the top. The summit offers an excellent view of Amadablam, Lhotse Shar, Nuptse, Lhotse, and Everest. During this trek, we can observe the lifestyle of the Sherpas, who have resided here for a long time.
Machermo Peak Climbing Highlights
- The magnificent Himalayas offers awesome 360 degrees Views - Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Cho Oyu, Kangtega, Kusum Kangaru, Tawache, Cholatse & Island peak.
- Khumbu region – Chaotic Georges, picturesque village, Landscape, and scenario.
- Sherpa land and their lifestyle, culture tradition & hospitality.
- Typical villages with Buddhist monasteries and experience.
- A fabulous journey combined with the world’s most popular trekking & climbing.
Machermo climb can be completed within three weeks of time duration. But if you want more time for rest and acclimatization we can revise the program. Though being less crowded, it is yet a popular peak climbing.