The outstanding Langtang Gosaikunda Trek combines the beauty of peak sceneries and the happiness of meeting the Tamang and Sherpa’s community, whose kindheartedness and generosity are very popular.
Snuggled at the lap of magnificent Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung ranges, to the north of Kathmandu, is a stunning sheltered valley filled with nature’s reward - the Langtang National Park, which houses the pristine freshwater Gosaikunda Lake.
This park houses the red pandas, dense rhododendron thickets, herds of blue sheep graze the alpine meadows and glaciated valleys amidst the scenery of supercilious Himalayan peaks. Your journey to Gosaikunda lake (4460 m) takes you through pine, oak, and rhododendron forests is less recurrence than others and will appeal to mountain lovers to get to this off the beaten track.
The ideal trekking seasons to Gosakinda are months from February to June and September to December. You may experience occasional snowfall from in the months of November, December, and January, and mid-February.
The 16 days hike passes through the sanctified lake of Gosaikunda and the Laurebina pass at 4610 m. Finally, we walk down to Dhunche (the gateway of Langtang Trek) and straightly drive back to Kathmandu.
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek HighLights
- An alpine freshwater lake Gosaikunda Lake & Langtang National Park in Rasuwa district of Nepal.
- A pilgrimage destination for Hindus and Buddhists
- Cultural Sightseeing
- Suitable for beginners and every kind of adventure lovers
- Dense forests of Pine, Silver Oak, Marijuana
- View of Sing Gompa, Kyangjin Gompa, Langtang Ri, Langtang Lirung, Dorje Larpa, etc.
- Deep waterfall, glacial lake, and Monasteries
- The scenic beauty of the Langtang Himal, Ganesh Himal, Tibetan Mountain, Annapurna range, etc.
- Culture and traditions of the local community