Mera Peak Climbing(6476m)
Mera peak stands at an altitude of 6654m; it is the most popular and the highest trekking peak in Nepal. This peak climbing can be graded as fairly challenging. Summit of Mera Peak offers one of the most spectacular view of entire Himalayan ranges.
Its easy standard route requires only basic mountaineering skills to achieve an altitude considerably higher than a European or North American peak. For many years the climb was Alpine Grade F (Facile / Easy), but due to recent summit block changes the final 30-40 meters has become Grade PD (Peu difficile / not very hard). From the summit of Mera one can see 5 of the 6 highest mountains in the world: Everest, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyo. The standard route from the north involves little more than high altitude glacier walking. The ease of reaching this elevation may be its biggest danger but good weather and snow conditions are, of course, necessary for safety and success. The west and south faces of the peak offer difficult technical routes. The first ascent was on May 20, 1953 by Col. Jimmy Roberts and Sen Tenzing. The region was first explored extensively by British expeditions in the early 50's before and after the ascent of Everest. Members of those teams included Edmund Hillary, Eric Shipton and Geroge Lowe.
Day 02: Sight Seeing in Kathmandu valley.
Day 03: Schedule flight to Lukla (2840m). (2860m, 9384ft). Trek to Chutanga (3173m-10411ft).
Day 04: Rest day in Chutanga for acclimatization.
Day 05: Cross Zatrwa La (4610m - 15125ft).
Day 06: Trek to Tashi Dingma (3520m - 11549ft).
Day 07: Trek to Tagnag (4350m - 14272ft).
Day 08: Trek to Khare (5100m - 16733ft).
Day 09: Rest day in Khare for acclimatization.
Day 10: Trek to Mera La (5415m - 17767ft).
Day 11: Trek to High Camp (5800m - 19030ft).
Day 12: Ascent of Mera Peak (6476m - 21248ft). Descend back to Khare.
Day 13: Trek to Khote(3600m)
Day 14: Rest day in Khote.
Day 15: Trek to Zatrwa la.
Day 16: Trek to Lukla.
Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel.
Day 18: Final Departure.
- Airport transfers - Pick up and drop.
- 3 nights Hotel in Kathmandu on B/B.
- 1 Sherpa Guide for the group.
- 2 Common Porter for group to carry Climbing Equipment.
- Necessary Tents & food in Mera Base Camp.
- All necessary kitchen utensils.
- General Climbing equipment such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc.
- National Park fee.
- Peak Permit Fee.
- Garbage Deposit Fee.
- Insurance for Nepalese staff.
- Airport/Hotel/Airport transfers.
- Flight to KTM-Lukla-KTM.
- Airport departure tax .
- Kathmandu city tour.
- KTM entrance fee during Sightseeing.
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay.
- Food during the trek.
- Overnight accommodation in Hotel/Lodges along the trail.
- Personal equipment.
- High risk medical insurance.
- International air ticket.
- Alcoholic beverages & telephone calls.
- Nepal Visa Fee.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed.