Marshyangdi River Rafting
Marshyangdi River is also renowned as the "Ragging River" in Nepal. Globally, it is considered as one of the paramount white water runs. Marshyangdi River begins from the convergence of two Himalayan rivers i.e. Jharsang River and Khangsar River. In 1996 it was opened for the people to do rafting. It has the most thrilling grade IV and V. it is one of the most excellent grade IV Kayaking Rivers in the world with its uninterrupted thrilling white water with superb mountains scenario at its back. The scenery is superb with every curve of the river with magnificent Mountain View. Rafting in this river requires full assurances from the crew member and rafting guide. It is fully special from the Sunkoshi and Karnali River because of the rapids flow of the water and technical prospectus. This rivers demands quick response from the crew members and they should be alert. It is a perfect option for that adventure lover who seeks an immense and acute rafting experience and is also for those who had some experience of rafting before.
- Trip Duration: 4 Days
- Starts Point: Nagdi
- Ends Point: Bimalnagar
- River Distance: 47 km
- Grade: V
- Best Season: Nov - Dec or March - May
- Accommodation: Lodge/Camp
- Transportation: Flight/Private Vehicle/Public Bus
Itinerary in Detail
Day 01: It takes approximately 7 hours drive to Khudi from Kathmandu via Beshisahar. After you reach Khudi you camp on the bank of river at suitable location. Remaining day you can enjoy at the bank of the river.
Day 02: Today you start your adventurous rafting from Khudi along Marshyangdi River. You can have 5 hours of rafting (Grade IV/V) and reach to your camping spot for overnight stay.
Day 03: Today you descend down to Marshyangdi Hydro Electric Dam and continue your rafting till you reach Paundi for overnight stay.
Day 04: on this day, you continue from yesterday's rafting. After having rafted for about 3 hours, you arrive at the concluding point near Dumre. From this point you can either drive back to Kathmandu or extend your trip to other destinations Chitwan National Park, Pokhara.
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- First aid kid box
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Personal insurance
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Tips to Staffs