Machermo Peak Climbing
One of the interesting trekking peak in the Mahalangur region, Machermo has been fascinating adventure travelers since it was opened for climbing. The trail to the base camp is the same until we reach Namche Bazaar, the gate way to Everest, from here we will take south to go reach Thame and onwards to Machermo base camp whereas the trail to the Everest base camp heads east from Namche. We walk past Yak pastures, Gokyo Lake, Lungden and cross the Renjo La Pass to reach the base of Machermo. After some acclimatization and preparation we head toward the high camp and next day the summit. The base camp is set up above the rocky meadows and moraine around 5140 meter. Further climb ascends on the rock and snow slopes to reach the top. The summit offers excellent view of Amadablam, Lhotse Shar, Nuptse, Lhotse and Everest. In three weeks the Machermo expedition can be completed but if you want more time for rest and acclimatization we can revise the program for the expedition.
Day 02: guide introduction, packing/permit finalization
Day 03: fly to Lukla, trek to chuoma (2,743m).
Day 04: trek to namche bazaar (3,445m). 6 hours.
Day 05: trek to thame (3,801m). 3-4 hours.
Day 06: rest/acclimatization day in thame
Day 07: trek from thame to Lungden (14,272ft/4350m) 5-6 hours
Day 08: trek to gokyo (15,716ft/4790m) over the renjo la (17,521ft/5340m)
Day 09: rest day in gokyo/ gokyo ri (17,585ft/5,360m)
Day 10: trek to machermo base camp
Day 11: high camp and back to base camp
Day 12: high camp
Day 13: summit and back to base camp
Day 14: spare day
Day 15: trek back to Machermo
Day 16: trek to Khumjung
Day 17: trek to chuoma (2,743m).
Day 18: trek to Lukla (2,880m).
Day 19: fly to Kathmandu.
Day 20: at leisure in Kathmandu.
Day 21: fly back.
For more details please contact us at email@example.com
- Tea house and lodge accomodaion along the way.
- All meals (in tea houes and camping on full board menu) with tea/coffee.
- All land/flight transportation as per itinerary.
- English speaking local expert guide, porters
- National Park Fees, Peak permit,
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- All guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and entry fees.
- Equipment clothing for porter & staffs,
- local climbing Sherpa,
- Insurance for all staff & porters, Rope, Ices crow, Snow bar.
- Fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple etc.
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu
- International flight & departure tax
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Personal climbing gears & clothing (available on hire)
- Any expenses of personal nature, client's insurance.
- Entry Visa fees
- Tips for staffs