Bhotekoshi River Rafting
"Bhote" literally means "River from Tibet and is one of the fast flowing rivers in Nepal which rise from Tibet and mixed up with Sun Koshi. It is a perfect excursion for those who seek for little white water expedition. On rafting along the white water the rafting gets wild and steeper with grade IV - V rapids and after calm and constant streams with III rapids. While rafting, you can see the panoramic view of the nature including mountains, green scenery and unexplored sites. After some necessary information and safety tips you're memorable and adventurous Bhote Koshi rafting starts. The rapid of the water gives you thrilling experience.
- Trip Duration: 3 days
- Starts Point: Khadichaur
- Ends Point: Dumja
- River Distance: 20 km
- Grade: III - IV
- Best Season: Nov - Dec or March - May
- Accommodation: Lodge/Camp
- Transportation: Private Vehicle/Public Bus
Itinerary in Detail
Day 1: Khadichaur to Dolalghat:
Today we leave from Kathmandu to Khadichaur for our adventurous trip. We have lunch at Khadichaur and after lunch you will be given necessary tips about the rafting and safety measure. After that with the trained rafting guide you start your trip. While rafting, you can feel the different rapids of water with magnificent scenery of rivers and mountains, delicate wilderness. While rafting you move towards Dolalghat. On the way you can see the panoramic natural scenery as well as wild life. Don’t forget to catch the picture, which is memorable throughout your life time. Upon arrival at Dolalghat, you can observe the villages with typical Nepali style houses at the slope, terraced farming and animal husbandry. Finally, you put the camp at the terrific place in Dolalghat for overnight stay.
Day 2: Raft to Kolpa:
Today we depart from Dolalghat and head towards Kolpa. As rating you can experience the adventurous rapids when the white water splash several times on your face. This is a true thrilling experience of rafting in Nepal. While rating towards Kolpa you can see the mouth watering scenery of hills and mountains as well as mystic wilderness. After couples of hours of rafting we arrive at Kolpa where you set the camp at the bank of river for overnight stay.
Day 3: Raft to Dumja:
Today also we continue our fun with splashy of water on our face continuous fluctuating rapids. While rafting we pass from the narrow mountains and canyons. You can see the strange rocks and stones along the way. After concluding rafting you can explore the lifestyle of the local people and their lifestyle. Ultimately we conclude our adventurous and thrilling rafting experience and return back to Kathmandu or you can extend your trip to Pokhara, Chitwan National Park.
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- First aid kid box
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Personal insurance
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Tips to Staffs