Baruntse Expedition (7125 m)
Baruntse is a symmetrical snow peak, has four ridges and four summits and is considered one of the most beautiful peaks in the Nepalese Himalaya. It has the Barun Glacier flowing north to south from Cho, to the northwest by the Imja Tse glacier and the Hunku glacier forms the southeast boundary. The expedition to Barunche starts after a flight to Tumlingtar. And about 15 days of walk from Barunche you reach the base camp where you prepare for the trek and do some prior training before attempting the summit.
Baruntse was one the early Himalayan peaks recognized by Edmund Hillary's team for climbing east of Everest. Colin Todd and Geoff Harrow reached the summit in 1954 from the South-East Ridge. The peak is crowned by four summits on four ridges with a high rate of successful ascent on normal route via South Ridge. It comprises of many 8000m climb components making it a much sought after peak before going for a expedition of 8000m or more peak. The steep sections of ice at 50 degrees and a prominent ice cliff at about 7,000 meters make the South-East Ridge of technically difficult and challenging.
The style of climbing is cautious and well-timed, with excellent leadership, organization, Sherpa climbers,`walkie-talkie` radios, satellite telephones, cooks and waiters, tasty food, the best equipment, a full kitchen in base camp, two camps on the mountain, 1000s of metres of fixed line, hundreds of rock, ice and snow anchors, top-quality high altitude tents and high altitude stoves, expedition mix gas, and full safety equipment: medical oxygen, gamow bag, and extensive medical kit. Experienced guides and the support crew from Adventure mission Nepal will try their level best to make your trip a life time memory. For more info about our team and crew contact us at email@example.com .
Itinerary in Details
Day 02-04:S/S in Kathmandu and official procedure for expedition ,
Day 05: Fly to Tumlingtar, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 06: Trek to Mane Bhanjyang Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 07: Trek to Chichira, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 08: Trek to Num, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 09: Trek to Seduwa, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 10: Trek to Tashi Gaon, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 11: Trek to Kauma, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 12: Trek to Dobato, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 13: Trek to Jark Kharka, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 14: Trek to Hillari base camp, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 15: Trek to Makalu base camp, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 16: Trek to Baruntse base camp, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 17-35: Climbing period, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 36: Trek to Yak Kharka, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 37: Trek to Mumbuk, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 38: Trek to Tashi Gaon, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 39: Trek to Num, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 40: Trek to Chichira, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 41: Trek to Tumlingtar, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 42: Fly back to Kathmandu, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 43-44: Free day in kathmandu, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 45: Final departure
- 5 night Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Return domestic airfare to/from Kathmandu with 50 KG cargo per member
- Each person get 2 porter for carry 50 KG from Tumlingtar to Base camp - Tumlingtar
- Tumlingtar- base camp-Tumlingtar trek offer basic lodge or tented cam
- All meals during trek
- Required porters/Yak to carry load to/from base camp
- Expedition tent (north face or can be V-25 or Similar tent)
- All necessary trek /expedition equipments
- Liaison officer's allowances equipment for Expedition, flight ticket, insurance, daily wages sharing with other group
- Expedition Crewï¿½s allowances for Expedition, flight ticket, insurance, daily wages ,Peak permit for Everest South Face s
- All transfer as per itinerary
- Necessary trekking crew to/from base camp and climbing guide if necessary
- Emergency Oxygen- Mask and regulator (payable use
- Satellite phone(Pay call), expedition fees, all wages
- Gamow Bag (life saving device in case of altitude sickness) sharing with group member
- Solar panel for light and charges batteries
- All Taxes company service charges
- Meals in Kathmandu
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas
- Expedition personal climbing gears
- Personal accident insurance
- emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue if required
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving into Nepal
- Bar bills & beverage
- Sherpa non summit bonus USD 1000.00
- Sherpa summit bonus USD 1000.00 + 500 climbing bonus
- Air cargo custom clearance duty fee USD 100.00 per person
- Personal Satellite phone with e-mail & internet permit
- Waki talkies permit
- Extra expenses for personal
- Filming permit
- Oxygen and Mask regulator for member and Sherpa
- Ice fall fees
- Garbage Deposit USD 4000.00 (cost based on share)