Mt. Ama Dablam Expedition (6856m)
Ama Dablam means Mother’s necklace in the local language. The name comes from the unique shape where it seems a mother is holding her baby with a necklace like glacier. This peak is considered to be one of the most beautiful mountains in the Himalayas. Amadablam Peak climbing takes you 6,812 meters high. Ama Dablam dominates the eastern sky for anyone trekking to Mount Everest base camp. Almost every attempt is done from the SW ridge to the summit like the first one which was done in 1961 by 4 climbers two from Newzealand and 1 each from USA and UK. Although this is a small peak compared to its towering neighbors sometimes even the Everest veterans have problems with the technical difficulties encountered while scaling Amadablam.
The trip starts after a flight to Lukla from where you trek about 5 days to the basecamp of Ama Dablam. The most popular route by far is the Southwest Ridge Climbers typically set up three camps along the ridge with camp 3 just below and to the right of the hanging glacier, the Dablam. A special permit for climbing and a government appointed liaison officer are the prerequisites for Amadablam expedition. Similar to Everest Spring is the best time for an expedition to Amadablam but October also provides ideal conditions to trek this peak. Besides the climbing experience the trek that leads to Amadablam is one of the best in the world as it takes you very close to Everest and from top of Amadablam you can see the 3 of the highest mountains in the world including Mount Everest. For more details and information and cost for Amadablam expedition please contact Adventure Mission Nepal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tour HighlightsRegions: Nepal
Objects: Mt. Ama Dablam (6856m)
Service: Full service
Program's difficulty 7.5, relatively difficult ( technical 4 + altitudinal 3.5 )
Group size: 6-8 members
Dates ( Days 24 / Nights 23 )
Day 2: Documentation preparation day for office and Shight seen day for Member with experience Tour guide around Pashupatinath Temple,Boudhanath Stupa,Swayabhunath Stupa.O/N Hotel
Day 3: Fly to Lukla and trek further to Mondjo (2800m, 4hr), or Phakdingma O/N lodge .
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazar village (3400m) O/N Lodge
Day 5: Rest day in Namche Bazar.
Day 6: Trek to Tengboche monastery (3860m)(4hr) O/N Lodge
Day 7: Trek to Pangboche and O/N Lodge ( Trekking Group Trek to Dingboche O/N Lodge )
Day 8: Trek to Amadablam Base Camp and O/N Camp( Trekking Group Trek to Lobuche O/N Lodge)
Day 9: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) ( Trekking Group Trek to kalapathar and back to Gorakshep O/N lodge )
Day 10: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)( Trekking group Lobhuche Base Camp and O/N Camp )
Day 11: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) ( Trekking Group set High Camp of Lobhuche Peak and O/N camp )
Day 12: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) (Accent Lobhuce and back to Base campa and O/N Camp)
Day 13: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) ( Trek to Chukung and O/N Camp )
Day 14: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) (Trek to Island peak Base camp and O/N Camp )
Day 15: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) ( Accent Island Peak and O/N camp )
Day 16: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) ( trek to Dinboche and O/N Camp)
Day 17: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) ( Trek to Amadablam Base Camp and O/N Camp) Meeting with Expedition Team Dinner Together.
Day 18: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) ( Free Day in Amadablam Base Camp or climb Amadablam O/N Camp)
Day 19: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) ( Free Day in Amadablam Base Camp or climb Amadablam: O/N Camp )
Day 20: Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.) ( Free Day in Amadablam Base Camp or climb Amadablam: O/N Camp ):
Day 21: Trek Descent to Namche Bazar.
Day 22: Trek Descent to Lukla.
Day 23: Flight to Kathmandu. Hotel.
Day 24: Flight home.
|Member personal equipment||Climbing Gears|
- Experienced expedition guide (Everest summiter)
- Experienced cook with 1kitchen helper
- High altitude climbing (Sherpas) - 1 for 6 members
- Expedition permit for Ama Dablam
- Nepal Government liaison officer
- Sagarmatha National park entry fee and local taxes
- Airport – hotel – airport land transfers
- Expedition cargo to/from Lukla (max. 10 kg of personal equipment)
- Porters from Lukla/Ama Dablam BC/Lukla to carry Members` equipment, food and fuel to Base Camp and back
- meal during trek frome ktm to ktm
- Flight Fare Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- 04 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu 4**** (B&B) Plan with twin sharing room
- Lodging during trekking
- High-altitude food for climbing
- Kitchen utensils in high camps
- Gas fuel (250 gr) - 5 cartridges per member
- Gas stove - 1 per tent in high camps
- Tents - 1 per 3 members
- Sleeping bags for high camps - 1 per member
- Ropes - 200 m
- Ice screws
- Walkie-talkies -3 ( In Sharing)
- Satellite phone (5USD per minute)
- 1 Team seven summit treks T-shirts
- More than 4 Nights in Katmandu
- International Flights Fare from your Home to Home
- Personal equipment for the ascent(Climbing)
- Lunches and dinners in Katmandu
- Extra porters if required
- Tips for staff
- rusian poiks oxygen(us$450)
- Personal travel, medical and rescue insurance
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required
- Personal high-altitude Sherpa
- Entry visa Fees for Nepal